Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Catalyst Partners With LucidCrew

Now you can get kick-arse design and awesome writing all in one place.

Catalyst has partnered with LucidCrew, a full-service web design and development company that offers gorgeous graphic design for the web and for print, SEO, web hosting, identity design and branding. Now they offer copywriting too. So they're even more full-service.

(Go to the website and check out the logo at the top, with the group of people. I'm the one on the right. In the skirt.)

Here's the thing about me and websites: I have a ton of ideas, and I don't have the skills to implement them. I would love to experiment with my website, upload something new every day, set up an e-blast to keep in touch with clients, sell e-books and all kinds of fun stuff. But ever since I made my first forays into designing my own website, I've realized that design is not easy. Seriously--have you ever tried drawing a straight line in DreamWeaver? These programs were not designed for casual users.

I've always thought that if somebody would just design a program that would just let people do what they want to do with their websites without any technical skills whatsoever, they would make a killing. Because there are a lot of people out there like me with big creative ideas and without the ability to make them happen.

LucidCrew must have figured this out, too. One of the things that really drew me to this company (aside from the fact that I liked their design style) was their content management system, MediaStove. It's perfect for people like me who want to play around with their websites but who have absolutely no skill as programmers or developers. With this program I can set up an email newsletter, blog, upload pages and pictures, display video, add to an online catalogue, publish articles, and all kinds of cool stuff--and I don't have to know a thing about programming or design myself.

Anyway, I'm thrilled to be working with this great company, and can't wait to start handling client projects with them!

3 comments:

Kathy@TheFlawlessWord said...

Creative way to widen your business. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jennifer! And I love your profile photo - it's so cool!

*happy for you*
Michele

Jennifer Williamson said...

Thanks, guys! The profile picture is awesome--I'm not sure how they make it all sepia-toned and distressed-looking, but it's awesome.